After a day of baking and decorating Christmas cookies with my sons, we finished the day with some warm hot chocolate topped with peppermint whip cream. I'm not much of a cook or crafts person but this was a quick and easy;yet tasty new recipe I tried that I found at makeandtakes.com. Marie has a great blog with all kinds of neat recipes, crafts and projects for the whole family. It took minutes to make and seconds to drink with a cup of hot chocolate. I am thinking this would be a neat topping for cakes or cupcakes anytime of year. Makes me want to try other candies or flavors in whip cream in the future. This would definitely be great at your next Christmas or holiday party or for sipping around the fire after baking or taking in the neighborhood Christmas lights.blog comments powered by Disqus
This stuff is really magic. Mostly because it is gone is seconds as your guests will pile huge dollops into their hot cocoa. My sweet sister-in-law, Jeanne, first introduced this to me years ago and I have been making it for parties ever since.
Peppermint Whipped Cream Recipe:
* 5 peppermint candy canes – or spearmint candies work too
* 16 oz. heavy whipping cream – or 16 oz of frozen whipped cream
* hot cocoa
1. Unwrap your candy canes and add them to your blender. Crush these into a fine powder. 5 candy canes will make almost 1/2 of a cup.
2. Whip your whipping cream. No need to add any sweetener here, as your peppermint will give it enough sugar and flavoring.
3. Add all of your peppermint powder to your whipped cream and mix. It makes a fun pink cream and there are even some tiny chunks that are yummy too.
Enjoy!! Share some of your favorite holiday recipes or let me know if you tried this one too! Have a Merry Christmas and safe and happy season!